A cover letter is an important marketing document in your application to management consulting firms. We find that telling your story, why you would like to be a consultant, why you would like to join the particular firm you are applying for are all good points to highlight in a consulting cover letter. The cover letter is not a replacement for your resume, it complements your resume. To write a great cover letter, we compiled the best free resources on the web for you below.
Also make sure to check out the 22 best free resources for management consulting jobs for additional resources.
Consulting cover letter resources
- Resumes and Cover Letters guide from Harvard Office of Career Services. This is a great pdf guide that covers basics of Resumes and Cover Letters. It is a solid beginner guide written by experts in a top school.
- Resume and Cover Letter prep presentation by Yale Consulting Club. Nice presentation talking about resume, cover letters and networking for pre-interview preparation by Yale Consulting Club, this is highly tailored towards consulting.
- Consulting cover letter sample by Kenan Flager Consulting Club at UNC. Well-written example that you can use as a template to write your own consulting cover letter.
- NerdWallet guide to writing cover letters. This is a good beginners guide to writing cover letter with impact.
- Consulting Career Connection’s guide to cover letters. This is short guide on writing cover letters but shows a sample layout to fashion your cover letter after.
- Tips for resumes and cover letters. Short and sweet advice on how to structure resumes and cover letters.
- University of Michigan Resume & Cover Letter Writing Guide. This is an in-depth and well-written guide with many examples. Make sure to check it out
That’s it folks, this is plenty of material to gain the knowledge to write a great consulting cover letter. Do you know other resources that we should add to the list? Let us know!